Most of us have heard of Microsoft Azure. Many of us even understand that Azure is a Microsoft’s cloud computing platform. However, it is so much more than that. So, what is Azure? What does it do? Windows Azure is Microsoft’s cloud platform, providing Platform as a Service, Infrastructure as a Service and Website hosting. Azure is an on-demand data center in the cloud or hybrid cloud on the premises, which scales-up and down, as you need it to.
Azure acts as our server (big or small), disaster recovery, backup, website platform, devtest sites, storage and all or any combination of these and others. Azure is so flexible that it easily integrates with on-premises servers and data centers or stands alone as needed.
The several components that azure consist are the cloud operating system itself; SQL Azure, which provides database services in the cloud; and .NET services.
Productive for developers
Azure helps to get your apps to market faster. From mobile DevOps to serverless computing, support your productivity by Azure integrated tools. A range of operating systems, programming languages, frameworks, databases and, devices are supported by Azure.
- Innovate and deliver high-quality apps continuously
- Provide cross-device experiences with support for all major mobile platforms.
- Uses advanced capabilities such as Kubernetes cluster in Azure Container Service and run on any stack, Linux-based or Windows-based.
“Microsoft is not about greed. It’s about innovation and fairness.”
The only consistent hybrid cloud
With Azure, we can build and deploy wherever you want, because it is the only consistent hybrid cloud on the market. For maximum portability and value from your existing investments, connect data and apps in the cloud and on-premises. Hybrid consistency in application development, management and security, identity management and across the data platform is offered by Azure.
- To overcome complexity and optimize your existing assets connect on-premises data and apps.
- Across cloud and on-premises distribute and analyze data seamlessly.
With Azure Stack extend Azure on-premises and build innovative, hybrid apps.
The word “Microsoft” is a portmanteau of “microcomputer” and “software”.
The cloud for building intelligent apps
To create data-driven, intelligent apps use Azure. To create new experiences take advantage of Azure data services and artificial intelligence.
- With built-in AI, develop breakthrough apps.
- On any data, custom AI models can be built and deployed.
Open source data and AI innovations can combine.
Microsoft was founded by Paul Allen and Bill Gates on April 4, 1975, to develop and sell BASIC interpreters for the Altair 8800.
The cloud you can trust
The Microsoft Cloud trusted by 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
- The worldwide network of Microsoft-managed datacenters across 50 announced regions achieved global scale.
- Through Azure, Security Center detect and mitigate threats with a central view of all your Azure resources.
Reasons Why Azure Is Better Than AWS
In the Cloud computing scene, this is a big feat for Microsoft as Azure entered in 2010, whereas AWS was only launched in 2006. A set of features and capabilities that are far better to its competitors is offered by Azure. The following are some important features that Azure scores over AWS.
- PaaS Capabilities
- .Net Compatibility
- Security Offerings
- Hybrid solutions for Seamless Cloud Connectivity
- Integrated Environment
- Gentle Learning Curve
- The ‘Enterprise Agreement’ Advantage
A very important decision for enterprises is choosing the right cloud vendor. Hybrid solution, PaaS, and an array of other beneficial features are offered by Azure. After migrating to Azure numerous enterprises has witnessed accelerated business growth. As a result, Azure is the better choice than AWS.